How do retailers benefit from Laser?
- More than 3.5 million Irish cardholders use a debit card now and accepting these cards means opening up a shop to a huge marketplace, including foreign customers. Debit cardholders expect to be able to use their debit card wherever they shop now.
- Accepting debit cards helps to reduce a shop's costs with regard to processing cheque and cash payments and paying the related bank fees.
- Unlike when a customer pays with a cheque, which may bounce after the lodgment date or be returned to a shop as a counterfeit, a shop is guaranteed payment when a debit card is used in person, with PIN.
- The Laser Cashback facility allows shops to reduce bank charges for cash management and increase their customer offering.
- Laser sales are done on the same point of sale terminal as other payment card transactions such as Visa and MasterCard.